You may use these materials:
-black EVA foam / black cardboard.
- wool or cotton for the tassel.
- square: 30 cm.
- rectangle: about 8/cm* x length of the perimeter of your head
*(tienes que añadir 2 cm para hacer la pestaña que lo sujeta al cuadrado)
Step by step
1. Gather your materials.
2. Wrap the string around the full circumference of your head and mark it.
4. Cut a strip of heavy duty construction paper that is equal to the circumference of your head plus two inches extra in length. You may determine the width - the greater the width the taller the hat will be.
6. Cut a square of cardboard that is approximately one foot by one foot. You may adjust this measurement as you wish depending on how big you want your hat to be.
7. Using the hot glue gun, glue the cardboard on top of the circle of construction paper so it forms a hat.
8. Look! You have completed the main structure of your hat. Check to see if it fits.
9. Add your tassel.
10. Now you can wear your graduation hat.