Christmas Eve is on the 24th of December.
Christmas Day is on the 25th of December.
Boxing Day is is on the 26th of December.
New Year's Eve is on the 31st of December.
New Year's Day is on the 1st of January.
Special Food for Christmas
List of Christmas dishes
United Kingdom and Ireland
In the United Kingdom, what is now regarded as the traditional meal consists of roast turkey with cranberry sauce, served with roast potatoes and parsnips and other vegetables, followed by Christmas pudding, a heavy steamed pudding made with dried fruit, suet, and very little flour. Other roast meats may be served, and in the nineteenth century the traditional roast was goose. The same carries over to Ireland with some variations.
- Brandy butter
- Bread sauce
- Brussels sprouts
- Chocolate yule log
- Christmas cake
- Christmas ham - Usually a honey or marmalade glazed roast or boiled gammon joint.
- Christmas pudding
- Dundee cake, traditional Scottish fruit cake
- Mince pies
- Nut roast (a popular vegetarian alternative)
- Pigs in a blanket - Chipolata sausages wrapped in bacon
- Roast turkey
- Roast beef
- Roast duck
- Roast goose
- Roast pheasant
- Roast potatoes - roasting with goose or duck fat is becoming more popular
- Tunis Cake
- Apple cider
- Boiled custard
- Candy canes
- Champagne, or sparkling apple cider
- Chocolate fudge
- Christmas cookies
- Cranberry sauce
- Dungeness crab, primarily in California
- Fish as part of the Feast of the Seven Fishes
- Gingerbread, often in the form of a gingerbread house or gingerbread man
- Christmas ham
- Hot buttered rum
- Hot chocolate
- Lefse rolled with butter and sugar, particularly in Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota
- Mashed potato
- Mixed nuts
- Oyster stew, composed of oysters simmered in cream or milk and butter.
- Persimmon pudding
- Prime Rib
- Plum pudding
- Russian tea cakes
- Tom and Jerry
- Roast turkey, less often roast duck, goose, or pheasant
- Stuffing, also known as dressing, particularly in the Southern U.S.
- Jamón (Spanish Dry-Cured Ham)
- Roasted turkey
- Roasted lamb
- Langostinos - (king prawn)
- Yema - egg-based dessert
- Mantecados and polvorones - crumbly cakes
- Marzipan, almond cakes
- King cake known as roscón de Reyes in Spanish.